Matcha Chip Ice Cream
Assuming this isn’t the first time you’ve chanced upon my page, you’re probably familiar with my dear Karm’s habit of treating his mom as a short order cook! On a good day it’s “can we make dumplings for dinner” about an hour before dinner time. I’ve also had a few “what do you mean you can’t make lamb sausages to go with my pasta??? It takes 5 minutes…. I promise”, (while dinner is being laid out). The struggle is real!
But then again, I consider these ‘the side-effects’ of raising a real foodie and to be honest, I love pretending I’m in the middle of an exciting episode of “chopped”! (Don’t pretend like you don’t do that sometimes! No?)
Speaking of things that I may not be proud of, I’m afraid I’ve passed on my Matcha addiction to my child and that’s not the worst part. Karm was recently introduced to the family of my cousin’s brand new fiance and when asked about his age, his response was and I quote “I’m 5 and three quarters and I already drink caffeine!!!”
So when he decided that the only thing he wanted for dessert was something Matcha & something chilled, we had to make this delicious, 4 ingredient, prepped in under 10 minutes, no churn Matcha Chip Ice Cream!!
It’s so ridiculously easy and so insanely delicious, you’re probably going to get hooked too!
- 1 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- 1/2 can condensed milk (approx 7 oz)
- 2 heaped tbsp Matcha powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Using an electric mixer, whip up the cream till soft peaks form.
- Add the condensed milk and gently fold in using a spatula. (No mixer please for the sake of fluffiness!)
- Add the matcha powder and chocolate chips and gently fold everything in, until it’s all evenly incorporated.
- Pour it out in an airtight container and freeze for at least 6-8 hours before digging in! Once you do, you’re probably not going to stop!
Products and places 👇🏼