Savory Chickpea Flour & Coleslaw Mix Mini Pancakes
Thunderstorms and Raibows kinda week here in NYC. The Bambaiya in me keeps craving Pakodas & Chai. I gave into the chai but it’s going to take a lot more than thunderstorms to get me to eat a plate full of deep fried grease. Something like PMS maybe but I’ll deal with that when I have to.
So here’s my super healthy version of savory pancakes that taste pretty much like ur rainy day pakodas but won’t interrupt that summer body in the making!
- 1+1/2 cup Garbanzo bean flour (besan)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt + Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 Jalapeño, chopped (optional but highly recommended if you can deal with the heat)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- It should be pancake like consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium flame. I used cooking spray on a mini pancake pan but you can easily make these on a regular non stick pan with canola oil or any other oil of your choice.
- Pour tiny portions of batter and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Think silver dollar Pancakes.
- Serve with mint chutney/ tomato ketchup.
Pro tip from Master “budding” chef Karm (that’s what he’s been calling himself): Spread some pizza sauce on each pancake. Sprinkle some Pecorino/Manchego cheese on top. (I have to admit it was next level stuff)