You’re on a fitness mission. You’re sleep deprived and nap currently trumps long hours in the kitchen. You have 30 minutes to get your dinner ready or you’re going to end up eating Chinese takeout for dinner! (Yes you will! You work in Chinatown and there aren’t many options!) But you’re not giving up. Leftover Palak (without the paneer. I just don’t like paneer) + Eggs + an excellent idea!! All you need is an idea!!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup cooked leftover *Palak (paneer is ALWAYS optional)
- 2 eggs
- Sauté 1/2 tsp cumin seeds + 1/2 chopped onion + 1 tbsp minced ginger-garlic paste + 1 chopped tomato. Add 1 tbsp paprika, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1/2- 1 tsp garam masala powder and salt. Cook for a few minutes till it’s reduced to a paste. Add a package of frozen spinach and 1/2 cup milk. Cook for about 5 mins or till the curry is semi-dry. At this point you could blend it once it cools down or leave it as is. (I like the leafy texture but then it’s up to you.)
- Heat the oil in a pan. (I used cast iron but that’s because I wanted it to look pretty, that’s all)
- On a medium flame, add the palak curry to the pan and level it with a spoon.
- Crack open 2 eggs and lower the flame slightly.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 mins for runny yolks or a little longer for a firmer yolks.
- Serve with nan/bread/rice or eat it as is. (I did! #lowcarb)