Savory Edamame Pancakes
To be honest, I tried making a new healthier dosa batter using some edamame & oats but the situation got pretty sticky, literally! So I improvised. Best decision ever. Okay, maybe not best decision ever but definitely the best decision in the moment.
I used some standard uttapam toppings for these pancakes but feel free to go nuts with your own variations. Sesame seeds, pickled ginger, bell peppers, truffle butter… I can go on but I’ll let you figure out the minor details!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats, preferably gluten free (soaked for a couple minutes and drained)
- 2 cups edamame, shelled
- Water to grind
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Pepper to taste
- Oil/butter to cook
- Chopped onions + cilantro + green chili for topping
- Grind the edamame and oats to a smooth paste using some water.
- The batter needs to be pancake consistency.
- Add the spices and seasoning and mix.
- Heat a Dosa griddle/ non stick frying pan.
- Add ladle fulls of batter to make pancakes, measuring about 3 inches in diameter.
- Add the toppings of ur choice on top. Add a teaspoon full of oil/butter around each pancake and flip them over once they start to brown around the edges.
- Flip them back around once the underside is golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite chutney!