BLOOD ORANGE SKINNY MARGARITA
I get it. It’s a food blog! But Blood oranges are food and can you blame a girl, who barely gets to soak up the sun, for makingtoo many summer cocktails? Plus I threw in some salt & paprika so it’s practically curry !
Besideswith an overdose of bright sunshine and an outpour of visiting friends & family, it would be incredibly insensitive of me not make these weekly cocktail posts mandatory! #cocktailfridays
If anyone has an objection to this, please speak now or hold ur peace forever. Though If you ask me, you’d rather be holding one of these SkinnyBlood Orange Margaritas!👆🏼
Considering how difficult it is to find fresh blood oranges, feel free to swap it with oranges or tangerines if it makes your life easier. I’m all about making life easier. Clearly explains the Friday cocktails!
- Juice of 1 Blood orange (minus a wedge for garnish)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime + 1 wedge for garnish
- 1 sachet truvia (or sweetener of choice) dissolved in 1+1/2 oz water
- 1/4 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 + 1/2 oz tequila (preferably anejo)
- Fill the cocktail shaker a little over half with ice. Add all the ingredients (minus the garnishes) and shake till the shaker is frosted on the outside.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and garnish with lime and blood orange wedges.
- Strain the cocktail over the ice and serve. Or chug!
P.S. I rimmed it with Smoked paprika + salt + sugar!
Some products & places👇🏼