Bulgur & Mung Dal Dosa with Beet, Coconut & Jalapeño Chutney
Another Dosa experiment in my kitchen. This one turned out to be my favorite so far. It’s also been months since I last ate Dosa and I’m guessing that’s probably clouding my judgement a little. Or the fact that these were so crispy and light, they almost had a junk-food-like feel to them. Quite deceptive considering how healthy and nutritious they are. But they say never trust a skinny chef, so don’t take my word for it. Go on, try it urself!
Ingredients (for Dosa batter)
- 1 cup soaked and drained bulgur
- 1 cup soaked and drained split mung dal
- 1 tsp cumin powder
Note: measure after soaking and draining or things will dramatically be different. This measurement serves about 2 people so multiply accordingly!
Preparation : (for Dosa batter)
- Blend to a smooth paste till you reach a pancake batter like consistency. Slightly runnier if you want that extra crispy texture.
- 1 cup shredded beet (do not use boiled beets, it won’t be the same)
- 2-3 tbsp sweetened shredded coconut
- 7-8 slices (Not whole) picked jalapeños. (I insist on the pickled kind because its really not the same with the fresh ones)
- Blend all the ingredients to a smooth paste. Serve chilled.
Preparation: (for Dosa)
- Watch a YouTube Dosa making video if you’re a Dosa virgin.
- Use a Dosa pan or a crepe maker for best results.
- A tsp of butter per Dosa really makes a big difference.
One thought on “Crispy Little Things!”
Wonderful combination ! Love this fusion recipe !!