Goan Style Pork Curry
I love everything that has anything to do with Goa. The last I was in Goa was probably about 9 years ago and every time I think back, I have this vague memory of eating a bowl of delicious pork curry at some old school Portuguese restaurant, right off the Baga Beach. Well, this is my not-so-authentic version of that memory and it’s definitely healthier and very very quick thanks to my Instant Pot.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2-3 cloves
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 1 cardamom
- 1″ stick of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 boneless pork chops, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup non fat sour cream
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and heat the oil.
- Fry the seeds, garam masala and onions & garlic till golden brown.
- Add the pork and sauté till Brown.
- Add the vinegar, tomato paste & ketchup and cook for a minute.
- Add the spices and seasoning.
- Add the water and cover the lid and Seal.
- Switch to Meat setting and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Add the sour cream and cook for a few more minutes on Sauté mode till it’s semi-dry.
- Serve as tacos, kathi rolls or with roti. Or any other way you can think of!