Quinoa & Pigeon Pea Pulav
No, this isn’t slowly turning into one of those Instant Pot blogs. It’s just that I’ve had very little time to cook lately and the pot is sitting right there in front of me saying “you know you want to do this”
I’ve also had very little home cooked food lately (or any food you can call food really), unless you count multiple granola bars for breakfast and dinner as legit meals. Side effects of bar tending.
So here’s my attempt to get some delicious and more importantly quick & fast healthy food in my system.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin + 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 cardamom
- 3-4 pepper corns
- 1″ stick cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 sliced shallots
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 can pigeon peas
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1+1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 tbsp paprika
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder
- Set the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and heat the oil.
- And the seeds & whole garam masala.
- Add the onions & ginger-garlic paste and sauté till they’re golden brown.
- Add the mint & pigeon peas.
- Add the quinoa and water.
- Add in the spices & season with salt.
- Close the lid and seal.
- Turn it to Manual mode and set the timer to 1 minute.
- Let the pressure release naturally once the timer goes off.
- Serve hot!