Instant Pot Turkey Kheema
I’m a sucker for red meat but I love my heart a little more than I love red meat. So once in a while I improvise, after all, kheema is kheema so why discriminate? Turkey cooks a lot faster too so there’s your reason number 2. You could stick it on a piece of toast, stuff it in a hotdog bun, wrap it as a kati roll or just eat it straight like chili! Cooks in under 10 mins and never fails to impress. Need more reasons or should I get on with it?
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp each of cumin seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds
- 4-5 pepper corns
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 14 oz package lean minced turkey
- 3-4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp Pav Bhaji masala (my favorite)
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup water
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté mode and add the oil.
- Add the seeds and the whole garam masala.
- Sauté the onions. Add the ginger and garlic and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Add the turkey and sauté for a couple more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including the water and close the lid.
- Turn it on meat and stew mode and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Do a quick release and serve hot with your choice of sides.