Hello from the land of misal pao & kadak Chai! So amazing to be back home this time of the year. But I guess everyone feels that way considering the maddening traffic outside! So far, the only thing off the bucket list is Chai, but I’m on it. As a favor to my waistline, I tried eating healthy before I left for my trip to Bombay, and here’s one of those #eatclean recipes if you’re on a binge mission like moi this December!
Shakshouka meets palak paneer, without the paneer because Paneer is my least favorite kind of cheese. (Is it cheese even ?) Never mind that, I’m focusing on the better things in life, like Eggs!! Eggs never let you down (unless you nuke them in the microwave in a hurry) I made my palak in the Instant Pot but you can definitely use your own family recipe. (Or take out, I never judge)
Ingredients (for healthier palak of the palak paneer fame)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 pack frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 tbsp chhole masala (trust me)
- 1 cup skim milk
Preparation (for healthier palak of the palak paneer fame)
- Set the Instant Pot on Sauté mode .
- Add the oil, seeds, onions and Sauté until brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes, spices and mix. Let it cook for a minute.
- Add the spinach and milk.
- Cover with the lid while sealing and turn to Manual. Adjust the time to 5 minutes.
- Quick release once the beeper goes off. Let it cool a little and grind to a coarse paste. (I used my Ninja Mixer)
- In a small iron skillet/non stick pan, pour about enough palak curry so its half full (or half empty if you’re one of those)
- Crack 2 or 3 eggs over it. Cover and cook till the eggs are cooked (about 10 minutes on medium to low heat)
- Serve with some whole grain bread !
2 thoughts on “Green Eggs & Slam”
Looks too tasty. 🙂
You better not miss the Kothimbir Vadi at Aaram Vada Pav (Mumbai CST outlet. The one overlooking CST. Ignore all other outlets). They are bloody brilliant. Maddeningly brilliant. Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year to Grishma, Karm & fam. P.S. I couldn’t find time to cook when was in Bombay. Was stuffed with mamma’s love like crazy. Also these new outlets springing up every other day just don’t get the basics right. It’s the same everywhere. The world is angry.