Steamed Thai Glazed Instant (Pot) Salmon
Two of my absolute favorite things coming together. Fish & the Instant Pot! Steamed fish is my go to dinner when I’m trying to drop those couple lbs in a hurry. It’s also my 6 year old’s favorite so it’s quickly becoming a once-a-week thing. (Which is rare in my house since I hate food on repeat-mode) But when you consider how quick this dinner recipe is, it’s a no brainer. But here’s my quick fix for that no-repeat-mode thing, I keep changing the marinade. I also tend to change the side dishes a lot, so it’s basically a whole new meal each time.
- 1 medium to large filet of fresh Salmon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lime/ lemon juice
- 2 tbsp peanut butter powder ( or peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Sriracha spice (optional but highly recommended)
- Take a large sheet of aluminum foil and wax/parchment paper approx 2 feet long each.
- Place the parchment on top of the aluminum foil.
- Place the filet of salmon in the center.
- Top it with the soy, sesame oil, lime, peanut butter powder & honey and give it a good rub.
- Fold the parchment in a package tightly wrapped around the salmon. Wrap that inside the foil.
- You could let this sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator or just go ahead and steam it right away depending on the tick-tock!!
- Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Add about a cup of water.
- Place the fish package on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid and seal.
- Cook for 10-11 minutes (I did 11) on steam mode.
- Quick release and serve with your choice of Side dish. Farro was an absolute hit btw!
- I added loads of sriracha spice to mine though my 6 year old gave it a pass.