Pulled Tamarind Instant Pot Chicken
Okay, two words! Instant Pot. This magical piece of equipment has been making my life a whole lot easier since June 2017! With school back in action and me, mostly glued to my oven, it’s been a very welcome change.
While my foodie first grader (wow, when did that happen?) loves to try out new and exotic dishes, he wasn’t always so adventurous and I did what any warm blooded mother would do to change that situation. I manipulated! And I’m not even sorry.
For months I used a very simple chicken recipe that he loves, and served up a variety of fakeout meals. Same chicken wrapped up with some pickled veggies as Kathi rolls, or sometimes served as a slider with some lettuce & tomatoes.
Thanks to instant Pot, now the chicken recipe has gotten a lot more tender and flavorful and the kiddo is clearly not complaining. It’s also pretty healthy considering there are no heavy fats involved. (No my child is skinny but I like to eat what he eats) Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and maybe come up with your very own fakeout dish to go with it!
- 8 pc chicken thighs, skinless & boneless
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 tbsp paprika
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp Tamarind extract
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fennel seed powder
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Ingredients (for pulled Tamarind Chicken)
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp white mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp shahi jeera (or regular)
- Marinate the chicken in all the marinade ingredients.
- Let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for about 1-2 hours.
- Turn the Instant Pot on Sauté mode. Heat the oil and fry the seeds.
- Add in the marinated chicken and let it cook in an even layer for a couple minutes on each side.
- Add one cup of water. Seal the lid. Cook for 15 mins on meat/poultry while sealing.
- Quick release once the beeper goes off.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes on Sauté mode without the lid.
Note: Serve as kathi rolls, sliders, tacos, stuffed in dosas or anyway you or your family likes.
Products and Places 👇🏻
2 thoughts on “It’s All about that Base! ”
I have been looking at buying one of these pots for a while now so thank you for helping me make up my mind Grishma 🙂
Best decision ever! 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person