Vegan Lowcarb Sugar-Free Frozen Coconut Hazelnut Cherry Chia Pudding
The best part? It doesn’t taste like cardboard! In my experience, anything that’s probably this good for you, must taste like it’s supposed to be fed to the cows! Speaking of which, I’m nor vegan, neither against anything dairy. In fact i probably drink more milk than my 6 year old. (I know.) Besides, as much as I love ‘real ice cream’ and wouldn’t ever replace the real stuff if I could help it, I’ve seen my dear and near ones struggle with lactose intolerance and it’s about time I did a recipe to please someone other than me. The fact that I can eat this for breakfast without much guilt, only makes it that much better. Try it if you don’t believe me.
- 1+ 1/2 can lite coconut milk (chilled)
- 1/3 cup truvia baking blend sweetner
- 2/3 cups hazelnut meal
- 2 tbsp powdered chia seeds
- 1/2 to 1 cup dried cherries
- Using an electric mixer, blend the first 4 ingredients till frothy and place them in the freezer for about an hour.
- Once its semi-frozen, blend it again for a few minutes till frothy and place it back in the freezer for an hour.
- Repeat this process a couple more times. Add the cherries when you’re done. Freeze it a air tight container for at least 4-6 hour before it’s ready to eat.
Note: This freezes a lot more like ice and not like ice cream because of the lack of real cream. So give it some additional 10 minutes to rest at room temperature before you serve unless you want shaved ice!
Products I used 👇🏻