Bombay Sandwich Pizza
I don’t know what it is about this time of the year, but everything and everyone transports me back to Bombay. Maybe it’s the birthday Month making me emotional. (or maybeits PMS, but who cares)
For as far as I can remember, I used to eat Bombay sandwiches for lunch, every single day. This was before I was unceremoniously thrown into my 30s and my metabolism started treating me like someone’s undesiredstep child. Now I try and stay the hell away from Carbs unless they are absolutely worth doing a 800 calorie-crushing, hour-long boxing session over.
So while I love a good thin crust pizza & of course my favorite Bombay sandwich, today I had to pick between the two and I don’t like it when life gives me such unfair choices. So I did what any blue blooded desi foodie worth her “chat masala” would do. I created the Bombay Sandwich Pizza.
- 1 package pizza dough (I seriously love the wholefoods one.)
- Olive oil to spread
- Green coriander chutney to spread & drizzle
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato (large): thinly sliced
- 1 potato: boiled & thinly sliced
- 1 Cucumber (medium): thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 package fresh mozzarella: sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread out the pizza dough on a pizza pan evenly using your fingers. (Yes. It’s Okay to.)
- Generously coat it with olive oil.
- Spread some chutney over it, leaving about an inch of border.
- Layer this pie with the vegetables, leaving the tomatoes for the very last.
- Sprinkle it with the shredded cheddar followed by the mozzarella.
- Drizzle with some more chutney.
- Bake it in the oven till the crust is golden brown and the cheese is very ooey gooey!
- Slice & Share and I won’t judge you if you reach out for some Ketchup!
Products and places 👇🏼