Tamarind Mary with Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese & Shishito Peppers
Last day of school just got perfectly pairedwith the warmest weekend so far this year! If you ask me, it would be pretty lame not to celebrate. And now that I’m on the wrong side of the 30’s club, I prefer a boozy brunch kinda celebration over a late night bar crawl on any given day!
What’s your idea of a great brunch? Do u belong to the millenial Frose club or are you a classic Mimosa person? I, always judge a good brunch by its Bloody Mary! If you’re in NYC on a nice warm summer afternoon, ditch those shopping plans and head straight to my absolute favorite brunch destination in the best park in the whole wide world! (Yes, that would be the Central Park)
Tavern on the Green! Classic old school charm meets a very versatile brunch menu and don’t even get me started on the cocktails! Or do, because this after all, is a cocktail post. If you’re lucky enough to get a table there, order a round of bloody Marys while you scan through that menu and check out the gorgeous view around. Oh and please save some room for dessert. That giant slice of birthday cake is worth every single buttery sugary bite!
Check them out 👇🏼
Their bloody Mary, no doubt is extraordinary but my personal take on this classic cocktail packs quite apowerful punch. (As do I, but this isn’t about me). Here’s what makes my Tamarind Mary so special, it’s served with a delicious smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese on the side because it’s brunch time! (Well technically it’s on top). It also comes with a recipe so you don’t have to sit there drooling!
Ingredients for Tamarind Mary
- 1 tbsp Tamarind pulp/concentrate
- 1 tsp hot sauce (tobacco or similar)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small can of V8 Vegetable Juice (5.5 oz)
- 2 oz Vodka
- Grilled Smoked Gouda cheese sandwich. Diagonally cut into 4 pieces and skewered (garnish)
- Roasted Shishito Peppers on a skewer (garnish)
- Dill pickles on a skewer (garnish)
- Wedge of lime (garnish)
- One leaf of romaine lettuce (garnish)
- One spring onion (garnish)
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a highball glass and stir.
- Top it with cubed ice.
- Add all the garnishes as shown in the picture.
P.S. I did a tamarind & garlic salt rim. In case you decide to go with it, that’s step no. 1! (Duh)
Some of the products & places👇🏼