I have finally found my happy place in the city. They call themselves the City Swiggers. I call them Fabulous! And here’s a really long list of reasons why you should head there the next time you find yourself in NYC.
- Because Beer!
- They have about 14 different kinds of Beer on Tap.
- And about 3,500 beers in inventory, so far, and about 800 available on the shelves!
- Yes… they have flights! (Not the airport kind duh)
- They will fill your growler.
- They will sell you a growler if you don’t own one.
- Prefer to drink at home? So do your thing, because it’s also a store and you can get your beer to go and drink it at your convenience.
- You don’t need to make reservations months in advance because they have 30 seats with some tables.
- Yay…It’s on the upper east side! (Hey that’s my home so that’s reason enough)
- You could start drinking at lunchtime. (You know you want to!)
- You can buy some yummy munchies (flavored organic nuts and such) while you get that beer tasting done.
- They have the most glorious beer mug/glass/tumbler wall of fame which I find absolutely instaworthy! (It proudly displays a Kingfisher glass by the way)
But don’t take my word for it… try them out yourself, while I get busy tasting my latest finds!
(So while I’
Karm: Mom, can I edit that picture?
Me: Not this one love. This one’s for the blog and that’s work. (We have a basic understanding, where I say the word ‘work’ and he’s supposed to back off. Which absolutely never happens so he decided to continue!)
Karm: (Going bug-eyed) Mummy…. why don’t you change your job from being a chef to being a photographer?? Because you just love taking pictures!!! A lot!!! All the time !!!
Me (feeling slightly defensive because that’s seriously not what I do all the time, but this kid is a bloody genius so I kind of admit): You know what Karmie… that’s a brilliant idea! Maybe I should take a class in photography and then take pictures of food professionally!!! (clearly day dreaming already)
Karm: (cracking up) Ya!! You could be a Foodtographer!!!!
On that note…. Cheers 🍻… Oh and don’t forget to check them out!